I know it’s a tad early, but this is the Philippines, for Pete’s sake! We celebrate Christmas early here. Usually begins in the ‘ber months (September). You know it’s Christmas (in September) when:
- They play Christmas carols at the mall or restaurants.
- The garbage collectors start collecting your garbage every day instead of once a week.
- There are more policemen and law enforcers (I distinguish between the two) on the streets. There are more of them than you know what to do with.
- People smile more often.
- People tell you that it’s going to be a sad Christmas for them (this includes the poor, the officer worker whose boy/girlfriend, wife/husband, or whatever is abroad and can’t come home for the holidays)
- People start thinking of their Christmas wish list.
Anyway, let’s join the fun as far as point number six is concerned. Here is my wish list, in no particular order:
- A Schwinn® mountain bike. (Second choice: A Trek® mountain bike). I made a deal with my beloved M; I’ll wait until we have a place of our own, with enough space to “garage” a bike, before I get me one of these. Oh, and it better be black.
- A GX-45 or GX-07 Soul of Chogokin Mazinger Z action figure. The former comes with wings, and has a more show accurate pilder (if you don’t know what a pilder is, you’re not a Z fan) coloring.
- Books, lots and lots of books. Off the top of my head: Sytematic Theology Books by Herman Bavinck, Philip Schaff’s History of the Christian Church, and Michael Horton’s Systematic Theology (already blogged on this one).
- Twins. I share this one with my beloved M.
- A roof rack for our car, Wednesday. (Roof racks are the bomb!)
- A Shun DM0712 Classic 7-3/4″ chef’s knife. Look at the picture below. See the engineering, the standards in manufacturing, the curved lines…What could be more beautiful than that?
- World peace. (That last one’s impossible, I know.)