I am really excited about a series being done by Michael Svigel over at the http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/ blog. It’s all about why we need to study church history. In his introductory article, he gives ten (in my opinion) very good reasons for studying this often ignored aspect of Christianity:
- It will cure our ignorance of the past.
- It will curb the arrogance of our present.
- It will conserve the faith for the future.
- It will connect us to a rich legacy.
- It will counter the claims of critics.
- It will capture the interest of outsiders.
- It will complete a balanced faith.
- It will cultivate Christian growth.
- It will clarify our interpretation of Scripture.
- It will correct our doctrinal and practical errors.