Typing while listening to the latest Dividing Line from Dr. James White.
Today, Saturday, was a grinding diurnal period for my beloved and me. We were quite fatigued after feasting our eyes on the great presentation that was The Addams Family last night, so our schedule of active exertions did not commence until late in the ante meridiem. The fruit of our labor consists of several volumes of extremely delictible edibles.
In the meantime, yours truly has had some minutes to himself in the afternoon and has spent those minutes browsing the Interweb for golden nuggets of knowledge meant for his improvement.
Here’s the roundup:
- http://8list.ph/addams-family-meralco-theater/ [What can I say? People say it’s great!]
- http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/537475/in-the-know-we-have-no-national-hero [I never really heard of this before, at least not in the manner it was presented in the article. The statement, “Jose Rizal and Andres Bonifacio are called national heroes because they are recognized as heroes ‘on a national level,'” hands down really made me laugh out loud for apparently no particular reason.]
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmyqYnmzOMs [Wish I had the moolah (and permission from my beloved) to get me one of these things. See also the image included in this post.]
- http://opinion.inquirer.net/66419/more-and-more-like-a-trapo [Coming away from this article, I can only say that it is never healthy to form an opinion unless one has all the facts. I’m talking about every one else who’s contributed his or her opinion to the brouhaha over Pacquiao, and not necessarily Ms. Monsod, whom I admire very much.]
- Apropos the above point, another lesson is that everyone should pay taxes. Only those who pay taxes may complain about the misuse of taxes. Just saying.
- http://8list.ph/pinoy-office-christmas-party/ [Just in time for Christmas, I guess.]
- http://heidelblog.net/2013/11/black-friday-subjectivism-christian-liberty/ [Why does this pope cause such a great deal of confusion, especially among members of his flock? Made me think of his counterparts in the Protestant side of the equation–pastors who talk as if they were experts in everything–and all the damage they have done.]
Finally, changed my wallpaper with this rather macabre image. I did the edits like zooming in, removing a few skulls below the rock formation, extending the top margin (the original had the bird’s back arch right on the top edge of the picture), but the original image isn’t mine. I also experimented with the Ganzi font. (If it’s your image, please inform me.)
That’s it for now.